Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Poly Rythmo

 
















Time is the great mystery.

Time is so central to our lives, but it escapes definition.

Go ahead and try.  What is time?  You don't have the words.

Einstein taught us that time if variable.  But he couldn't tell us what time is.

I bring up the subject with my coffee.

My coffee wants to discuss entropy.

It tells me that time and entropy are conjoined twins.  

Time and entropy arise mutually and are inseparable as a boat and its wake are inseparable.  

I ask my coffee if there is a universal rate constant for entropic increase?

I gloat knowing I have it.

My coffee tells me that is beside the point.  

Everything in the universe vibrates my coffee explains.

Look to the small, look to the large.  Look at the cosmos in its greatest scale.

Everything vibrates.

Entropy is the surface of an expanding bubble of time. 

We live our lives on the surface of that bubble.  

The surface of the bubble vibrates.

The vibrations are broken into rhythms.

The rhythms become Poly Rythmo.

And we dance...  


Calbayog City 2023


Orchestre Poly Rythmo de Cotonou













.


No comments:

Post a Comment