Monday, January 16, 2023

He's holding out on us











"Daddy," My son askes a lot of questions, "are cemeteries frightening places?"

I never know where his questions are heading but I certainly know his mother is afraid of cemeteries so I said,

"Yah.." and waited.

"Then why," he asked, "do people cry instead of getting scared?"

"Good question." I laughed and looked for a piece of paper to write it down.

Later he came up to me and asked,

"Daddy, why did God even think it was a good idea to create mosquitos?"

"I have no idea why God created mosquitos." I answered him honesty, "In fact I bet God doesn't even know why he created mosquitos." Hate those little bastards.

We both started laughing and he said, "I bet if you asked God why he created mosquitos he'd be like, 'Gosh, why DID I create mosquitos?'"

My son was playing Roblox while we laughed.  He can do that.  His little fingers ran over his iPad screen directing characters while he talked.  Kid energy.  Then he looked up and asked,

"Daddy, who created God?"

That's a question I've been waiting for without any plans for a good answer.

"Sean," I started, "That's a very big question.  No one really knows the answer."

"What?" he was astonished. "Can you look it up on the internet?"

"Nah," I said, "it won't even be on the internet.  Nobody knows who created God."

"Nobody?" he asked in disbelief.

"Nobody," I replied.

"Not even God?"

"Well," I said, "I suppose God knows who created himself."

"He should tell people!" Sean demanded.

That one made my sit back in my chair for a second.  Not gonna lie, I had to agree.

"He probably should tell people." I said, "But he's holding out on us."

"Humph." my son said with no small amount of disappointment.  And then he went back to Roblox,


Calbayog City  2023












.

No comments:

Post a Comment