Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Rain and Sun

 




Hi John and everyone.


It's pouring rain outside my window again.  The tropics.  Last night in our bedroom there was a spider on the wall that was about 6 inches across.  No shit.  Honest.  It was huge.  I walked over to get a better look at it and the bugger started running across the wall fast.  What the fuck!!!  The tropics.

We went to fiesta in the little home village.  That was a trip.  The whole village ate and drank and sang karaoke for two day non stop.  Too much fun.  They have a basket ball court in the village and they set up speakers and played pounding dance music and everyone got on the dance floor and went crazy to the wee hours of the morning.  All Saturday and all Sunday.  Karaoke all night long.  Then on monday we all went to the beach to chill and recover.  I love the Philippines..

I felt a bit sorry for all the pigs being roasted but they tasted good hahaha.












While we were in the village I went to my first chicken fight.  I believe chicken fights are illegal but out in the middle of the jungle who's going to know.  The Filipino men LOVE chicken fights.  They drink and bet money and go nuts.  I love the Philippines.






















I'm sendng the old picture of the hanging bridge you asked for. The bridge got washed out during a monsoon so now we have to take a back route to the village. They're going to rebuild the bridge soon come.























That fruit my wife is holding is cacao.  They prepare the cacao beans and brew a chocolate drink with coconut milk and it is out of this world delicious.  And mildly euphoric.  I now know why the Aztec kings drank cacao before they retired with their princess.  For real.  



































The rain has stopped and I can see the sun.  Time for a walk.  I love the Philippines.






























Cheers, 




Caybago 2023

































.

No comments:

Post a Comment