Friday, January 27, 2023

The devil cuts the deck

 















I'm upstairs in my office playing cards with the devil.  We have the door locked.

The devil cuts the deck and holds up his hands like see it's all fair. 

Yah right, I'm thinking. Despite you I'm still standing.  

The devil knows my thoughts and he gives me a devilish grin.  His lips are red and his teeth pearly white.

“How do your teeth get so white?” I ask him in accusation.

“I don’t drink coffee.” He replies in all innocence. “Coffee is of God," he elaborates, "an altogether bad drink from a bad man."

I looked down at my coffee.  Black as night.  

My personal Saviour.

The devil cuts the deck again.  And then again.  His hands are moving fast now.  Shuffle cut shuffle cut.  I'm watching close trying to keep up.

He deals.

A card for me a card for him.  A card for him a card for me.

"We're in this together baby." He laughs.

Playing solitaire.


Calbayog City 2023











.



No comments:

Post a Comment