Sunday, January 1, 2023

Plants and Angels

 














“Plants can feel things.” Sean, my son, informed me.

I thought about that for a moment.  Plants can feel...  Should I say something... 

“Sean, where did you learn that from?” I asked him.

“From a YouTube video.” He said.

“That’s not necessarily true.” I said. 

Sean looked up at me.  Maybe I was being a bit blunt, but I get sick of that shit.  Pardon my French. 

“Why?” he asked me.

“Sean, you and I feel things because we have a central nervous system.” I explained. “Plants don’t have a central nervous system so plants can’t ‘feel’ things.”

I guess I was in a mood.

“OK.” He said.  He sounded disappointed which made me feel bad.  And made me reconsider the whole issue.  So, with my better angels taking command, I said.

“Sean, plants can’t exactly feel things... but... we don’t know everything... and they might have some…” I looked for a word...

“They might have some darker secret behind them?”  He beat me to it.

“Exactly.” I said, relieved.

And we both laughed.


Calbayog City 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment