Monday, October 23, 2023

Life in the Philippines

 



There is zero separation between wild nature and human habitat in the tropics.  At any given moment there is always something crawling about.  Yesterday my neighbor woke up with a cobra in his bed.  No shit.  I asked him what he did.  He said he grabbed the snake and threw it out the door.

Nice.

Insects, rats, lizards, birds, snakes, wild dogs.

We share our home with about six wild cats.  We can't get rid of them but that's OK because they eat the rats who also share our home.




This one is a Tom and he gets in fights.  In the middle of the night right outside our bedroom window.  Vicious cat brawls.

Somehow none of the wild cats have tails.  It's strange.  




This one is the Black Cat.  He is a proven rat killer.  We've seen him catch two rats in one day.  We let him sleep in the store.  He's a big complainer but two rats in one day.  Come on man.




This one is the Calico.  I think it's a girl.  I have to confess she's my favorite, but she won't let me get near her.

Story of my life.






Calbayog City 2023











No comments:

Post a Comment