Monday, July 1, 2024

Into the mystic

 














Natural progression

watercolor on paper

Los Angeles 2019


When I become artistically lost, I draw circles.

There is something deeply satisfying about a circle.  It conveys, at least to me, the completeness of life, the circadian rhythms of nature, the endless hope of rebirth.

I draw and I feel the metaphysical ambiance.

But I know it's all an illusion.



Hailu Mergia - Endegena


Yesterday we went on a road trip up to the north coast of our island.  We traveled through the Philippine outback and along the way we stopped and bought road side foods, which were delicious.

We traveled as a group.  My wife and myself along with our two kids.  Some friends came along as well with their kids.  

It was so beautiful.

We drove for several hours through the countryside and all the while, even though I knew it was all an illusion...


I had to admit it was a beautiful illusion.













It's an illusion

watercolor on paper

Los Angeles 2019











No comments:

Post a Comment